Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Preparing for vacation

Saturday morning before the sun comes up, we'll be headed to the airport for our big summer trip. We'll fly first to see my parents, then to see The Engineer's parents.

I have a big list of things to do this week, much of it having to do with packing or preparing the house for our housesitter/dogsitter.

Photobucket

And of course I didn't clutter up the list with all those other tasks...you know, feeding a family, breaking up toddler/preschooler arguments, praying for Chickie's boo boos, taking Zoodle potty, etc., etc., etc....

So with such a busy week, what did I do last night? I went to coffee with a friend. We sat and talked for almost 2 1/2 hours! It wasn't on my to-do list...but it fed my soul. I'm glad that during a week that's full of preparation, I took the time to enjoy myself. Because as good as it feels to cross tasks off a list, it feels even better to bond with a friend. (Thanks, Ann!)

3 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Don't think I don't see what you did there. Who are you emailing? Why did you hide them?!?!?!

We're leaving Friday morning, "stupid early" as I like to call it. We aren't flying with toddlers (at least not any belonging to us) and are only going to one destination but I should re-assess my list this morning. Suddenly I think I'm missing a bunch of things.

And I had brunch with a friend on Sunday, despite ten tons of classwork. You're right - it's really grand to give ourselves that time.

Heidi said...

I noticed the cleverly placed pen, too ;)

I'm glad you and your friend were able to get out, relax, talk and not "do" anything!

Have a great vacation!

SurvivorBlessing said...

what can I say? Feeding your soul is MORE important! Because only a happy person can be a happy mom! Good for you! And I am glad that you have friends do that for you....